SMC Integration Solutions is looking for a stockroom clerk. Candidates will prepare raw materials for production. Storing parts, pulling parts, counting and labeling are all part of the daily duties for this role. We are looking for an employee who understands the importance of teamwork and want to be part of a growing company.
- Good attendance is paramount.
- This is a temp-to-hire position.
- We do use an employment agency for the first 90 days.
- This is a first-shift position: Monday – Friday from 7am to 3:30pm.
- We do require a drug screen and background check.
- $12.00 per hour to start
The stockroom clerk prepares raw materials for production by performing the following duties to quality and productivity standards.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Stores received parts into proper location in a FIFO manner.
- Maintains control over raw material and finished goods inventory including the physical and transactional aspect.
- Kitting – pulling, counting, labeling, and issuing parts to production work orders, including both the physical and transactional aspect. Determine shortages and communicates them. This process requires significant system interaction.
- Cycle Counting – Count selected parts in inventory and compare to quantity on hand in our system, problem solve differences, record approved cycle counts in the system.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Operates fork truck and pallet jack to convey, or move materials to proper departments or areas.
- Organizational Skills
- Part Recognition
- Keyboard and System Skills
- Technical Aptitude
- Time Management
- Communication Proficiency
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee can be exposed to moving parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be medium. Depending on the season, the employee be subjected to hot and cold temperatures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching and climbing throughout the day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday on a day shift where the hours will be determined to start as early as 7am or as late as 9am, based around an 8 hour day. Overtime is as needed.
Occasional travel to outside warehouse may be required.
Required Education and Experience:
- Some experience with shipping and receiving procedures.
- Minimum of a high school education.
- Ability to read and write English, follow verbal instructions and use simple math.
- A valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Ability to safely operate a fork truck, manual pallet jack, basic office equipment.
Preferred Education and Experience:
Familiarity with software programs used in this job preferred.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com